- The social media source is now correctly assigned to sessions. Example:
Source/medium: Facebook/referral. You can see data for social media sources in Reports > Websites & social > Social.
- Thanks to wider bars, bar charts on dashboards are now easier to read.
- We added a new privacy option in Administration > Sites & apps > Privacy > Don’t collect visitor’s device data to help you comply with the German Data Protection Act (TTDSG) and similar privacy laws. When this option is turned on, you won’t read screen resolution and browser plugins from a visitor’s device without consent.
- User interface improvements.
- We now validate the tracking source version sent in the
ts_vparameter via the tracking HTTP API.
- In single-page applications, the tracker now collects data more accurately. Page performance metrics are sent only with the first page view. Previously, they were sent with each virtual page view, which distorted reporting.
- In single-page applications, the tracker now tracks downloads and outlinks more accurately. Previously, the tracker ignored links added after the
enableLinkTrackingcommand was executed.
- Microsoft Power BI integration (beta) that lets you connect data from Piwik PRO and create powerful data visualizations on dashboards and reports in Microsoft Power BI Desktop.