- You can now pick a sample size for your reports to customize their accuracy and speed. A smaller sample size will generate reports faster, while a larger sample size may take more time to process but will deliver more accurate results. The default sample size is 100%.
- A lookup table variable lets you create a variable with a value that depends on the value from a lookup table. For example, you can map the product IDs to their corresponding product names. When a visitor clicks on a product, the product ID is passed as a parameter to the lookup table, which returns the corresponding product name. This allows you to track events and trigger tags using the product name instead of the product ID.
The setCustomVariableMaximumLength() method in our JS API lets you set the maximum length for custom variable values. This can be useful if you need to send values longer than the default value 200.
Note: Custom variables are deprecated. We recommend using custom dimensions instead.
- Links that use the “data” or “blob” protocols are no longer tracked as downloads because they don’t contain URLs. Tracking these links as downloads wouldn’t be useful in analytics.
- Events from sessions longer than 12 hours are now labeled as
Excluded eventsand are visible in Analytics > Settings > Tracker debugger. Previously, they were not visible in the tracker debugger.
- We fixed the tracking of page titles in ecommerce and goal conversion requests. We added the
action_nameparameter, which passes the page title data.