If you’re already tracking ecommerce data, we recommend switching to the new ecommerce setup. If you haven’t started tracking yet, don’t wait and start using the new setup now.
- We improved the Swedish translations in the UI.
- We fixed the incorrect date format that used to appear when a user had a timezone set in their browser.
Customer Data Platform
- We improved the activation editor to make it easier to use and navigate.
- We added security measures to webhooks to ensure safer usage.
- We introduced user-friendly names for attribute values associated with devices and location data.
Big changes in ecommerce: We released a major update to tracking ecommerce data. This update introduces three new events:
Add to cart,
Remove from cartand
Product detail view. The first two events can be used to manage cart state and the last one to track views on product pages.
The new ecommerce tracking is designed to work with the previous set of events, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues if you already have an implementation in place. However, we recommend switching to the new setup to take advantage of all the new features.
- We added a new parameter called
setIpTracking()that lets you completely remove the visitor’s IP address from the processing pipeline. This change ensures that our product complies with HIPAA regulations.
EnterpriseWe switched to a new geolocation provider, which means you’ll now see more accurate location data in your reports. Just note that as a result of this change, your past location data may differ from your current location data.
- We resolved the problem where invalid page performance metrics were being sent in a small percentage of cases.
CoreMigration tool: We released a new migration tool that allows you to easily transfer your settings from Google Analytics 3 (Universal Analytics) and Google Tag Manager. It lets you import GA3 properties, settings, goals, custom dimensions, as well as Google Tag Manager containers, including tags, triggers and variables.
Currently, this new feature is in beta and will be available to all Core users in the upcoming weeks.