- We added a new report called “Shopping behavior” to our ecommerce reports. It’s a funnel-based report that helps you analyze the customer journey from product discovery to purchase, spot drop-off points and gain a comprehensive view of your ecommerce performance.
- We switched to a 24-hour clock format in all reports and filters for consistency and ease of use.
We fixed a problem with the creation date of product custom dimensions in the /analytics/api/analytics/product-custom-dimensions/ API endpoint. It was mistakenly showing the current date.
From now on, when you create a new product custom dimension, it’ll correctly show the creation date. However, for dimensions created before this fix, this field will remain empty.
- We resolved a problem where ecommerce event types were shown as numbers in PDF reports. They are now presented with descriptive labels.
- We resolved an issue where we accidentally omitted displaying ecommerce event types in CSV reports. They are now being displayed correctly.
Customer Data Platform
Data import: You can now import data from other tools using the API. This feature allows you to enrich your customer profiles with valuable information from external sources and gain a better understanding of your customers’ preferences and behaviors.
Additionally, you can create custom attributes, available both in the user interface (Menu > Customer Data Platform > Attributes) and via the API. Custom attributes can be aggregated in various ways, including first/last, unique lists, minimum, maximum, sum and more. They can also be created based on existing analytics events and assigned the desired aggregation method.
- We included a
gclid(short for Google Click ID) attribute in the user profile. You can use this to create audiences and send it to other tools.
- We introduced a new API method that allows you to retrieve all the audiences to which the profile belongs in our CDP.
We made a significant change to how Piwik PRO tracks sessions. Now, whenever a visitor’s user ID changes during their session, Piwik PRO will automatically begin a new session.
Previously, if the user ID changed within the same session, Piwik PRO treated it as a single session. This resulted in inaccurate data because new IDs were overwriting user ID information within the same session. Read more
- Our Google Ads integration now supports Performance Max campaigns. If you’ve already set up the integration, you’ll start seeing Performance Max data in your reports. If you haven’t done so yet, maybe it’s time to integrate.
- We improved the setup of the Google Ads integration. Now you can easily add or remove accounts, find out who on your team set up the integration, filter active and inactive accounts and see how many accounts you can integrate.
- We released an updated version of the Piwik PRO library for React applications. This new version now fully supports React 18.2 and server-side components.