At Piwik PRO, we are building an analytics suite focused on privacy and data security. We are taking on tech giants like Google and Adobe to build a better alternative, even though many of us have switched to working fully remotely.
We’re a product team of 6 seasoned veterans that work on solving challenges like scalability. We work on a mission-critical component of our product called the Tracker (written in Rust) that is designed to handle billions of requests per month and to process terabytes of data – all of that while keeping user privacy in mind. We’re looking for an equally seasoned Engineering Manager to join the team.
As Engineering Manager you will be working with the Product Manager on development of the Tracker component by the implementation of the product strategy. You will be working with the team and you will support it in product development at each stage of the development cycle: from planning to release and maintenance.
If you like working with people, bringing out their potential, and supporting them in product development while demonstrating effective leadership skills, we’d love to sit down and have a conversation with you.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years in working with a developers’ team as a Project Manager, Team Leader, Scrum Master, or similar
- Proficiency in SCRUM – familiarity and effective leading SCRUM ceremonies
- Effective meeting facilitation. Great communication skills and a toolset helpful for leading meetings
- Experience in supporting team members’ development
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking – the ability to translate the company’s strategy into team activities
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management – communication, building relationships
- Proficiency in tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Using modern tools for leaders based on concepts like Management 3.0 and similar in work with the team
- Web analytics knowledge (i.e. practical knowledge of tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or similar)
- Practical knowledge of User Story Mapping or other techniques to break bigger features/projects into smaller deliverables
- Technical knowledge (e.g. you’ve worked in a technical position in the past)
- You’ve worked with an OKR method
- Co-creation and execution of the product roadmap – delivering planned solution in assumed time
- Organizing the project – managing the backlog, documentation etc.
- Release management
- Organizing processes in the team – maintaining existing processes, adjusting them and creating new ones
- Coordination of cross-team features – supporting the team in communication with other product teams on designing, building and delivering solutions in the product
- Solving inter-team and cross-team conflicts
- Supporting team members in self-development and promoting self-development initiatives like our “Exploration days”
- Promoting a good atmosphere and positive relations in the team
- Motivating the team to act
We believe that competency & cultural fit are extremely important for both sides. That’s why we plan a 3-stages recruitment process, including:
- Introductory call
- In-depth interview
- Meeting with the whole team