Google Analytics 360 is a more sophisticated paid version of Google Analytics, the leader in tracking website visitors. With advanced analysis, data-driven attribution, integrations, personalization, testing and optimization tools, the product has earned its strong position. However, there are reasons you might be searching for an alternative.
- Privacy compliance. If your organization manages personal data and personally identifiable information PII on a daily basis, you should be certain that you are operating in accordance with legal regulations. You might have to keep the data in your country because of data residency and sovereignty laws, plus the privacy and security requirements of GDPR, HIPAA or the European Banking Authority guidelines. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
The solution would be to have the data stored on-premises or in a private cloud to ensure appropriate security and regulatory compliance.
- Sharing your data is not an option. You don’t want to reveal or share information about your visitors with Google. You realize that they would use that data for advertising, to enhance ad targeting and personalization, even the ads of your competitors. So you need complete control over it.
- Financial aspects. Maybe the free version of Google Analytics doesn’t meet your expectations. For instance, if you miss valuable functionalities or reach 10M hit limits, and the hefty price tag of Google Analytics 360 is a hurdle. You might think about another solution that gives you a full stack of useful features without overspending your budget.
- Support and professional expertise. Whether you face technical problems, need assistance with product implementation, onboarding, or consult analytics issues. You want to make the best use of the software so expect some extra service.
With all this in mind, the following chapters will give you an extensive comparison between Google Analytics 360 and Piwik PRO, in the Enterprise plan. We’ve prepared it taking into consideration criteria such as:
- Hosting options
- Data processing and connectivity
- Analytics – data collection flexibility
- Reporting features and integrations
- Data control, privacy and anonymization
- Tag manager
- Customer care & SLA
- Data security
Below you’ll find a table that covers only the most crucial aspects you should take into account from the business angle. For full coverage, we recommend reading the whole page.
|Google Analytics 360||Piwik PRO Enterprise|
|Privacy and security compliance||
(GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, HIPAA, EBA guidance, ISO 27001)
|Privacy tracking modes||Opt-in only tracking, anonymous tracking, zero-identity tracking|
|Product and data hosting||Cloud||Cloud, Private cloud or
|Data residency||no specified data residency||specific country, region or data centre|
|Additional modules||Tag Manager,
Display & Video 360
Customer Data Platform
|Supported property types||sites, apps||sites, apps, post-login areas, SharePoint/intranet|
|Google ecosystem integrations||Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google Data Studio, Google Sheets, BigQuery||Google Search Console, Google Ads, Google Data Studio, Google Sheets, BigQuery|
|Raw data access|
|Customer support and onboarding|
(starts at $150K)
check our pricing