Who we are and how we work:
We’re a team of six engineers and one product manager developing Piwik PRO Analytics Suite and its platform using Kubernetes and cloud services. We deliver and maintain cloud environments on Azure (but we welcome experience with AWS/GCP!). With our platform engineering approach, we aim to standardize and automate deployments to reduce manual maintenance work. We’re also responsible for some of our internal tools used by DevOps and Dev teams.
Within our team, we provide mutual support and never leave each other in a tight spot. We share advice and perform code reviews together. We discuss our current work in daily meetings and host a pet project day every 2 weeks. Occasionally, we gather in the office for a little integration party. Come work with us!
What we expect from you:
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in DevOpsing or development with a passion for ops topics.
- Experience with Cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP – we use almost exclusively Azure).
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containerization concepts.
- Very good skills with Golang and/or Python (if you know only one of those, we’ll help you learn the other at a sufficient level – we use both).
- Databases – we use mainly Clickhouse, MySQL, Redis and ScyllaDB (if you’re not familiar with all of those – don’t worry).
- Familiarity with some of the following tools/concepts:
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager
- Provisioning: Terraform
- Load balancing, HaProxy, Nginx, concepts of high availability, failover.
- Ability to identify a problem (or opportunity!) and propose an effective and efficient solution.
- Ability to communicate in Polish (B2) and English (B1+).
- Some knowledge of agile development methodologies & tools (Scrum, Kanban, Jira, Github or other Git version control systems).
Nice to have:
- Being a team player with a self-steering attitude.
- Readiness to share your knowledge during internal meetups.
- Considering 6000 requests per second traffic an interesting challenge.
- Experience with system and network security topics.
- Ability to proactively identify both inefficiencies and opportunities for improvements, and develop solutions.
Main duties and work organization:
- We work in 2-week sprints, where we designate 1 person (sometimes 2) for maintenance duty, 1 person for delivery (only if needed) and the rest of the team mainly for development.
- We emphasize development tasks – whether that’s working on big automation, small monitoring or doing a code review for your colleague. Approximately 70% of the time should be dedicated to anything coding-related.
- Maintenance should take around 15% – ideally, around 1 in 6-7 sprints is dedicated to our maintenance board. We load balance maintenance sprints between all crew members, spreading it evenly in the long term.
- The rest of the time can be split between occasional delivery and internal meetings – we try to minimize the number of meetings. Some of them are related to proactive infrastructure reviews.
- Once you’re well onboarded and fluent (typically after ~12 months), we expect you to join the on-call crew. On-calls are remunerated additionally (also when nothing happened during the shift). Outside of business hours, only our automated alerting system can bother the on-call crew.
Joining us, you can count on:
- An attractive salary: 13 000 – 22 000 PLN net (a VAT invoice B2B contract), depending on your experience and knowledge, or 9 200 – 15 300 PLN gross (employment contract).
- Opportunity to learn from specialists and share your own experience, influencing our strategy and efforts.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Poland.
- Transparent communication – you have an insight into the company’s operations and business results, you can freely join all the product teams’ sprint review meetings, etc.
- Flexible approach – mix remote work with visiting our office in the heart of Wrocław (fully remote work is also possible).
- A development budget to polish your skills and get new ones; access to books and training
- Private health insurance.
- ‘MyBenefit’ cafeteria.
- Sabbatical leave – an additional paid leave for those who have 5+ years of cooperation with Piwik PRO.
- Internal recommendation program – recommend your fellow specialists and get a bonus (5k PLN) if we decide to hire them.
- Pet project day – what we do is decided by the team.
- Internal initiatives – interest groups (“SIG”) oriented around specific topics, internal “DevOps Ferajna” event where you can present technical topics for other people in the company.
- Work culture typical of tech companies (we really like to keep things informal).
What you can expect after sending the resume:
- Short introductory phone call (30 – 45 min).
- An in-depth interview with team members (90 min).
- Decision and feedback.