It must be said, web analytics is not the easiest thing in the world. That’s why we do our best to help our customers become proficient in using our tool. Thanks to a carefully designed onboarding process, our clients quickly learn how to use Piwik PRO, which brings them closer to their goals.
So let’s get down to business – in this blog post, we will walk you through the key stages of our customer onboarding.
At the beginning of your adventure with Piwik PRO, every customer teams up with a dedicated Customer Success Manager. Their job is to show you around the product, help you meet your business goals, and make sure you feel comfortable with all the features. For the entire period of the contract, your Customer Success Manager assists you and takes care of your satisfaction with our software.
Here’s what happens, step by step, during our customer onboarding.
The first thing that we do is we sit down with you and learn what you want to achieve with our tool. Sometimes it’s not easy to put your objectives into words, especially if you’re not sure what the right questions to ask are. That’s when the Customer Success Manager steps in.
We meet with you and your teammates during a so-called kickoff call and guide you through questions that lead to defining your expectations and priorities. During this meeting, we like to have one of the people responsible for Piwik PRO implementation on your website present, as well as an end user of our product, so we can learn about everybody’s needs as they relate to Piwik PRO.
Equipped with knowledge from the conversation about your website, the Customer Success Manager begins drafting a web analytics implementation plan.
Once the plan is ready, we’ll send it for you to review and check if it meets your needs. When you’re satisfied with the plan, we’ll organize a training session to show you how to implement specific features. For example, how to create a goal, set up custom events, or configure a tag.
Anytime you want to learn about a module from Piwik PRO Analytics Suite like Analytics, Tag Manager, Consent Manager, Customer Data Platform, On-Site Retargeting or Custom Reports, you can schedule a training session with your Customer Success Manager. We’ll be happy to give you a tour and share best practices for using our tool.
During the first training session we’ll guide you through the following steps:
1) Data Quality Management. At this stage, we help you avoid tracking internal traffic (unless you want to track it), exclude irrelevant Query URL parameters, and configure cross-domain tracking if you have several websites combined together.
2) Lead Nurturing and Remarketing. This step applies to you if you:
- are running marketing campaigns and want to know the best time for launching them
- want to compare new visitors with returning visitors to see how engaging your website is
- want to find up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
3) Conversion Rate Increase. This step is important if you have defined some specific goals for your website. For instance, a specific number of sold items, new signups, e-book downloads or visitors arriving at the contact page. During this step, we’ll help you gain conversion insights, define conversion paths, and estimate your marketing campaign success.
4) Collection of the Most Valuable Information on Visitors. This step consists of important but often overlooked analytics basics. During this step, we’ll help you learn more about your visitors, where they are coming from, and what they are looking for.
5) Content Creation Development
This step is made to help you:
- learn what’s missing for your visitors on your website
- get ideas for the new content
- track SEO performance
- check if page titles are relevant to the content
- check and compare the performance of your blog posts and articles in a help center
6) Page Optimization. This last step focuses on using Tag Manager to track:
- social media button clicks
- contact links
- switching the language on your website
- additional data not tracked by default (custom dimensions)
During the training, we may skip or add a step to respond better to your needs. It’s important for us that you feeling comfortable with our tool, so we tailor each session to the individual customer and their website.
Once your goals are set and you’ve completed the training, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and implement features from your plan. At this point, you should feel confident doing it by yourself. But if you need any help, our Help Center is here to offer you additional guidance.
After some time you’ll feel more fluent in navigating around Piwik PRO and using all its features. Naturally, you’ll learn by doing, and when the need arises to tweak the settings, like when making changes on your website, you’ll be able to do it with ease.
However, if you stumble across some problems or feel unsure about something, you can always reach out to your Customer Success Manager. We are ready to do additional training sessions with you, hold a Q&A meeting, or simply answer your questions by email, or during a chat or call.
The Customer Success Manager also cooperates with the Technical Manager and Solution Architect, and whenever you run into a big obstacle, this trio will be happy to join forces to tackle the problem. We’ll meet, discuss your case, and develop a road for you to move forward.
This step happens behind the scenes. Usually, the customer is not aware that their Customer Success Manager regularly checks the progress of product adoption.
In Piwik PRO, we measure the product adoption rate by counting the number of features you use and dividing it by the number of all features. We then express the number as a percentage. For example, you can have a 50% adoption rate, it means you are using half of the features in our product. The Customer Success Manager works toward improving this rate, which simply means that they do what they can for you to take advantage of all the powers of Piwik PRO.
We like to joke that our Customer Success Managers can’t sleep at night until their customers achieve at least an 80% adoption rate. But,
Once you’ve finished implementing the plan with your selected features and learned to work with our tool, the onboarding train slows down. Now it’s time to relax and enjoy tracking your website. The Customer Success Manager will contact you from time to time to check in and see if everything’s running smoothly, if you need some help, or if you have a question.
We’ll also send you updates on new features, changes, and new blog posts. Don’t worry – we won’t bury you with spam.
Every three months and at the end of your contract, the Customer Success Manager will review:
- the business goals, objectives and KPIs you set during the kickoff call
- the progress of your implementation
- your product adoption rate
Throughout the duration of your contract, we will collect feedback and feature requests from you. Everything we learn from you serves our product teams to improve Piwik PRO. When we’re drawing the product roadmap — a document showing the direction we need to go in to make our tool better — we rely on our customers’ voices first.
At the end of each year of our cooperation, we like to talk with you to collect more feedback and learn how you feel about using our tool. Your Customer Success Manager will then create a new plan for renewing the contract, and they will sync up with the Account Executive to prepare the best offer for the next one or two years of our analytics journey.
Customer onboarding is a complex process — intense at the beginning, slower and calmer later on. But this process doesn’t end when you get on board. It follows the evolution of your business. Our team of Customer Success Managers is here to support you in every way possible. We want you to like and feel comfortable using our tool, which is why we believe it’s worth the effort to go the extra mile.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime!