You will be a part of a small, hardworking and motivated team.
“Trucker Team” builds essential component for the whole platform to ensure Piwik PRO Analytics Suite collects, stores, and retains terabytes of data in ways that align with our privacy guidelines, meet regulatory requirements and, most importantly, do so in a way that meets high quality standards and scales well even on limited infrastructure. Rust was chosen to achieve this as it helps to create efficient software with smaller system requirements.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- are passionate about development and learning new technologies and systems,
- demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems,
- have the ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality,
- are upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude,
- feel comfortable giving and receiving feedback openly,
- like to dive into complicated domains,
- live and breathe systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Rust. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
What skills do you need:
- basic knowledge of Rust programming language,
- experience in another programming language and OOP paradigm (Python, Java, Golang, PHP, C++),
- writing test is a natural part of development for you,
- experience in MySQL/MariaDB,
- Docker is not something new for you.
Additional points for:
- you stick to Clean Code principles,
- SOLID and other good practices are not just a theory,
- experience with CI/CD,
- experience with web development,
- experience with monitoring solutions like Prometheus and Grafana
- experience in distributed systems and microservices.