The main differences are:
- Data limits: The Core plan maxes out at 500,000 actions per month. The Enterprise plan lets you choose your monthly estimated traffic volume, up to 1B+ actions per month.
- Data retention: The Core plan gives you 14-month data retention. With the Enterprise plan it’s 25 months or more (on demand).
- Support and customer care: The Core plan includes an automated onboarding, community forum and help center materials. In the Enterprise plan, you get a dedicated account manager and support team. They help you set up reports and dashboards, provide you with personalized onboarding, training, ongoing support and extra professional services for custom add-ons.
- Number of modules: The Core plan comprises three out of four Piwik PRO Analytics Suite modules: Analytics, Tag Manager and Consent Manager. Customer Data Platform is available only to those with the Enterprise plan.
- Hosting options: The Core offer is limited to the EU cloud hosting. The Enterprise plan lets you choose between cloud (the EU, US or Southeast Asia), private cloud (60+ Azure and AWS regions, Elastx servers in Sweden) or on-premises deployment.
- Availability of enterprise features and integrations: The Core plan doesn’t include the SharePoint analytics integration, single sign-on (SSO), Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), Service Level Agreement (SLA) or white labeling. All of these are available in the Enterprise plan.