Piwik PRO Data Anonymization explained:
Piwik PRO collects anonymous behavioral data
- Get data from anonymous visits that would otherwise be invisible from a data perspective.
- Track funnel completion rates, page views, scrolling and other action-based metrics.
- Get basic attribution data about where an anonymous visitor was coming from: email or ad campaign, search, organic, etc.
Piwik PRO automatically adjusts to consent responses
- Without consent geolocation is fully or partially disabled. Piwik PRO will record at most the country.
- Without consent no “fingerprinting” data is used to identify returning users. One cookie identifier describes a visit and not a visitor. The cookie’s duration is set to 30 minutes.
Piwik PRO can handle even the most aggressive browser settings
- You can decide how to react to “Do Not Track” browser settings – collect only anonymous data or don’t collect any data at all.
- Piwik PRO anonymous data collection relies on a single temporary cookie allowed in 99% of internet browsers.
Piwik PRO complies with GDPR and similar data privacy regulations
- Piwik PRO’s anonymous data approach is based on GDPR principles and you will adhere to GDPR definitions of personal and anonymous data.
- You can adjust Piwik PRO Data Anonymization to comply with any privacy regulation.
Get the Whitepaper
Free Comparison of 5 Leading Web Analytics Vendors
Compare 40 Variables of Web Analytics Software: Piwik PRO, Google Analytics 360, Webtrends, Adobe Analytics, and Etracker Analytics
Piwik PRO Analytics Suite allows us to gather more granular data about website visitors while having full privacy compliance. Piwik PRO’s customer success team ensures our system is fully operational and working at 100% efficiency.
SENIOR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER OPEN-XCHANGE
Why you should choose Piwik PRO Data Anonymization:
Don’t miss out on a valuable source of customer journey data
You don’t have to choose between personal data and no data at all. Data anonymization allows your organization to analyze the experience of visitors who don’t provide such consent while still respecting their data privacy preferences.
Merge anonymous data for visitors who provide consent later in a session
If a visitor ignores the consent dialog at first, but changes his mind and consents during the session, his profile will be enriched with data from this session. All data collected after consent, including later sessions as a returning visitor, will be added to that profile.
Enrich your data on user flow and UX
Learn how all visitors interact with your websites, not just those who consented to the collection of their personal data. Get the full picture of user experience with valuable anonymous data on action-based metrics.