More and more people look for Google Analytics alternative.
One of the most common questions we get from our clients is how Piwik and Piwik PRO are different from other web analytics tools. To be more specific, most of them ask about differences between Piwik and Google Analytics.
This is actually a smart question. There are popular, free solutions such as GA, and you need a good reason to choose anything else. Especially when we speak about fee-based vendors. At the end of the day, you probably need to justify your final choice in front of your boss…
Choosing an analytics tool is serious business.
One of the biggest problems you face is finding reliable information from experts about all the different options. That’s inspired us to create some great sources for you to use. We want to help you by giving you an easy-to-use reference guide.
- Some may say that Google Analytics is the only reasonable choice out there. Yet there are numerous reasons why you might want to consider an alternative to Google Analytics.
- You feel uncomfortable about sharing your data with anyone else – You don’t trust Google enough to share your data with the giant, or you are not legally allowed to do so.
- You want to compare reports from different tools – You may be a GA lover, but you still want to see if there are any discrepancies between reporting in Google Analytics and Piwik or any other software.
- You lack some functionality – There is no solution that fits them all. You may look for something more than you get with GA.
Via @PiwikPRO: There are numerous reasons why you might want to find an alternative to Google Analytics.Tweet this
No matter what reason drives you to look for Google Analytics alternative, you are in the right place to start.
Keep in mind that the infographic and the Slideshare presentation you can find below are designed just to present the major points so you can get an idea of what distinguishes Piwik from Google Analytics. Each solution offers benefits to different kinds of organizations.
What’s important for you is to understand how a particular tool meets your specific needs.
So we invite you to review this infographic and Slideshare presentation deck comparing the features offered by Piwik and Google Analytics. Once you’ve done that, you can get more details by:
Piwik vs. Google Analytics
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Web-Analytics ToolDownload FREE Guide
Infographic: The in-depth comparison of Google Analytics and Piwik
Before you go deeper into the discussion about the differences between Piwik and Google Analytics, you should figure out what your organization’s most important requirements are. Searching for something without knowing exactly what you’re looking for would be a waste of your precious time, right?
Here is a short list of things to consider when reading the whitepaper. Try to answer those questions, and then proceed to the text:
- How much are you willing to spend on your analytics tool? How does it compare to your revenue?
- Does your organization need unsampled reports to make data-driven decisions?
- What are your requirements for support and training? Do you have dedicated specialists to handle your analytics tool?
- What kind of data are you going to process? Is it sensitive data? Data from European stakeholders?
- What do you expect to happen to the data on termination of the contract (can you export it)?
- What is your approach to data ownership? Does your organization require full control over data?
- What do you want to achieve with your analytics?
- What reports are a must for your organization and which would be a good addition to your insights?
Presentation deck: Piwik vs. Google Analytics
Before you dive deeper into the our PDF, you may want to get an overview on what you will find inside from our brief Slideshare presentation:
Piwik vs. Google Analytics
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Web-Analytics Tool
Download Piwik vs Google Analytics White paper
…and many others.