Segmentation is a method of dividing your analytics data into more manageable chunks according to your criteria. You can create a segment, a data subset, of visitors who share certain traits or behaviors.
You can group visitors based on, for example:
- Localization (country, city etc)
- Technology (device, browser etc)
- Website/App activity, like:
- Specific pages visited
- Specific forms filled out
- Referral (user comes via search engine, website etc)
That allows you to generate reports for selected visitors according to custom criteria.
More about Segmentation and Segments on Piwik PRO Help Center: