The Piwik PRO Marketing Suite is growing up so fast. We’re a bit nervous to let our precious little one out of the house to make new friends, but we think it’s time. We locked ourselves away in beta-testing for the last few weeks to get everything ready. Luckily we’re riding the momentum from our successful funding round, which helped us persevere. We’re thrilled to release these products after all of the team’s hard work behind the scenes.
More ways to act on your marketing data
Customer Data Platform integrates all your first-party data from analytics, forms, and other sources via CSV imports. From there you can create highly specific audiences to run targeted onsite and offsite campaigns.
Content Personalization offers a wide range of tools and options to create and display your content. It has an intuitive interface to design personalized content and clear options to control how it’s displayed, to which audiences, and when.
These additions complement and enhance the existing Web Analytics and Tag Manager modules.
For example, you could put together a targeted audience with Customer Data Platform then use it to:
1) Display for that audience a specific pop-up or dynamic element with Content Personalization. Track its impressions, click-throughs, engagement, etc. with metrics on your Analytics dashboard;
2) Create a tracking pixel in Tag Manager to collect data on just that audience;
3) Export the audience to your email marketing software or an external ads platform to target your users through other channels.
Our design philosophy remains the same – full data ownership and privacy compliance with enterprise-ready features. We want to continue to evolve our marketing and analytics suite for organizations with demanding requirements for data and privacy protection.
This release carries us a step further in the right direction.
A quick tour of your upgraded suite
Say you want to promote a new product – a deluxe waterproof sofa cover. You think it’ll sell well to your current customers but you’re not yet sure how to market it.
You start with a marketer’s best friend, Piwik PRO Marketing Suite. When you fire it up, you see two new tabs, “Data Manager” and “Content Personalization,” next to your old friends “Analytics” and “Tag Manager.” Customer Data Platform seems like a good place to start to get the data you need to come up with a strategy…
In Data Manager you see data from forms all over your site integrated with your analytics data. So you have an extensive amount of information all in one place, data from: anonymous web visitors, logged in top buyers, newsletter subscriptions, special offer sign ups, e-commerce and so on. You also import a CSV file with brick and mortar store data.
Customer Data Platform merges the data together and you see a complete picture of what you have and what you don’t. Turns out in this case you have good data coverage for Boston, where you have a large number of customers and stores.
Stepping into Single Customer View, you start looking at customer behavior in Boston. You start to see that two types of consumers in Boston buy products in the same category as the sofa cover: those interested in items for kids and those interested in items for pets. Both groups want to protect their furniture against messes, it makes sense.
With your new discovery, you move on to audience creation. You drag and drop the appropriate variables: IP address in Boston or has visited a Boston store, has an email address in the database, looked at or bought this or that product, etc. Based on these criteria, it displays right away that there are 2,340 customers interested in kids’ stuff and 1,780 in pet stuff.
You decide to send out targeted emails so you export both audiences to CSV for use with your email marketing platform. Then you create custom content for each when they follow the links and come back to your site. You click on Content Personalization and load a pop-up template. Within a few minutes you’re testing out a custom offer for both audiences in debug mode.
You tailor the pop-ups, like the emails, to the audience. The pet owners will hear about pets making a mess while parents will hear about children making a mess. You could even go step further and create special offers based on purchase history. Send a coupon for just the sofa cover to customers who have already bought a sofa. Send a coupon for a sofa and sofa cover bundle to those who haven’t bought a sofa but have shown interest.
You use Tag Manager to add customers from both groups to a remarketing list the next time they visit the site. As they browse the web, your ads will follow them and gently remind them to look into your offer. Again, the ads will be personalized to the pain points of each audience.
As a last step, you set up a widget on your Analytics dashboard to evaluate the results with metrics for each campaign element – email click-throughs, custom content performance, etc. All that’s left now is to wait and see how everything performs.
Once you see the results from this test group, you can tweak the criteria and test again. Later you can expand the strategy to other locations and other products, and eventually automate the implementation.
Customer Data Platform
Home base for your marketing data
- Collect your first-party data in one place: data from analytics, web forms, and CSV imports (CRM data or other offline sources)
- Review your data, organized in various ways: Single Customer View or by data attribute
- Export data to use on other platforms
Target your marketing efforts for better results
- Build highly specific audiences
- Use audiences throughout Piwik PRO Marketing Suite and export for use on other platforms
- Activate audiences and run retargeting on third-party platforms such as Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, AppNexus, and more…
The right content for the right audience
- Support for many kinds of custom content – banners, pop-ups, notifications, even dig deep and create custom html elements
- Target the content based on the audiences, onsite behaviour (e.g. scroll, leave content intent, form submission etc.) and contextually (e.g. page category, URL, referrer etc.)
Streamline content creation, IT assistance not needed
- Try out custom content in debug mode, get the kinks out before going live
- Simple interface for creation of banners, pop-ups, and other personalized content
- Track the performance of your personalized content next to your other metrics on the Analytics dashboard
We’re already working hard on improving these features and adding more. As always, contact us with any questions you might have. Also, let us know what you think of Piwik PRO’s latest features and where you think we should head next. We look forward to hearing from you!